A movement developing in web and apps is decentralization. As ‘Big Tech’ such as Verizon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Amazon have consolidated services, mobile devices, hardware to release on an annual cycle, they have neglected consumers. Subscription pricing and paying higher prices for services have led consumers to look elsewhere. Standard tiered products and incremental features on software and devices mean consumers are no longer receiving the best technology or service out there. The result has been a consumer movement to choose better services and products as demonstrated on the web and in new apps.
The overpromise of technologies like gaming consoles, 5G or 8K or OLED have been major letdowns in 2021 and production of such web-connecting technologies have been hyped up, while the consumers are choosing to exit stage-left the annual Global Corporation cycle of revenue, production and releases.
Blockchain technologies are making services faster and more transparent. This includes areas of digital banking, gaming, art collection and digital experiences (NFTs). Focus on customer service, newer local/sustainable niche brands, and consumer choice are now becoming more common. Innovative brands are solving customer needs and connecting to their customer’s passions. Here are some current sites and reads showing this trending movement:
- DappRadar – https://dappradar.com/ – Track, analyze and discover decentralized applications (dapps)
- World Economic Forum on DeFi- How decentralized finance will transform business financial services – https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/decentralized-finance-transaction-banking-smes/
- Purism Librem 5 Mobile Device and Products – https://puri.sm/
- BlockFi Interest Accounts (BIAs) – Statement on Cease & Desist with ongoing regulation: https://blockfi.com/disclosures-and-complaints/
- SEC Assault On Ripple Provokes Wider Debate – https://www.forbes.com/sites/roslynlayton/2021/06/30/sec-assault-on-ripple-provokes-wider-debate/?sh=7d655ea429e1
- Web 3.0: The decentralised web promises to make the internet free again – https://phys.org/news/2019-03-web-decentralised-internet-free.html
- Solid Project – https://solidproject.org/
- South Korea to launch pilot operation of mobile driver’s license in Jan. – http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210723000188